Complicated

I've been going through some old files that I have on drives laying around the studio and came a cross this one. It's an excellent recording of the song "Complicated" from the sessions we did for Ballyhoo at Bear Tracks in Suffern, NY. I had bartered some studio time in exchange for some landscape work and we recorded this song plus "The Moneyless Days" and "Your Plague" with Steve Regina over 2 or 3 days. Everything was recorded to 2 inch tape as this was before Pro Tools and computers and all. Once they were done the studio manager Chris Bubacz played them for the owner, Jay Beckenstein, leader of Spyro Gyra and some of the other staff. I guess they were impressed because they offered me a production deal! From that deal I was able to record a bunch of other tracks at Bear Tracks for the record Ballyhoo which eventually led to a deal with Universal. Great days! Dave Ramie played drums and Roman played bass. Listen on Soundcloud My new record that I did with Dave Ramie and Pete Jameson will be finished in a few weeks (Oct. 2020) and it's sounding fantatstic! I can't wait to share it with the world... Peace. Here's a doodle that Roman did during the session....
And here's a photo of Bear Tracks Studios control room:
Here's another shot from Bear Tracks of myself with engineer Doug Oberkircher. Doug and I worked on a bunch of my solo tunes and both of the Unspun records.

Comments

Popular Posts