Chaotic-Creative-Corner

I'm getting ready to release my latest record, "Right Your History" and I'm pretty excited. It was recorded up at Dreamland Studios in Hurley, NY (see previous posts) and here at my house. Pete Jameson, Dave Ramie and myself recorded bass, drums, some Hammond B-3 and a few guitars upstate. Here at my place I did guitars, vocals, keys, bass and the mixing. As mentioned before a new addition to my home studio is the Rupert Neve Designs Shelford Channel which has eq's similar to their famous 1073's as well as a great compressor. The Neve combined with some great mics has really elevated my recording game. A few more relatively recent additions to the studio are a Vox AC-30 which is ripping, a cherry sunburst Les Paul and some great pedals, (Strymon, Hungry Robot, Digitech.) I'm always looking for new sounds to spark creativity and this time around the Strymon "Deco" pedal led directly to the writing of the new song "After All." Somehow I got lucky with my small studio space here in the house as it is an extremely dead sounding space with a lot of obtuse angles in it, mainly from me and my fam stuffing towels, coats, laundry and lot's of gear in it. The chaos of the studio contributes to the alchemy that occurs here and I wanted to share some of it here on the blog. Look for digital release in early January 2021 with a vinyl release to follow a few months later! Both releases were superbly mastered and cut by Andy VanDette. I highly recommend his amazing talents for your project. Here are some shots of my space. "Got a feeling 21 is gonna be a good year".....RD

Comments

Popular Posts