Flying South

Things have been quiet musically on the homestead and especially here on this page but they should be picking up soon. I have a few songs that I'm itching to record but the situation hasn't presented itself to make this a reality. It's time to take action and make this happen. Winter is my favorite time to record as I have a lot of time on my hands and my creative juices start flowing. For me it's an instinct, like birds flying south or salmon heading up river.... winter is time to record. There's something about being in a warm studio, creating something new, while it's snowy and freezing outside. It's the way my life has gone for the last 25 years. This video was done in the winter during the recording of Unspun's "One" record way back in 1999. The song is "As The Evening Flows" and as you can see we were recording to 2 inch tape. I had a little trouble nailing that guitar arpeggio but I finally got it. We had to try different things like changing the lighting to get me comfortable enough to get it right. I'm glad we did because I love that song... It's one of the first that John and I worked on for that record and the last song of the running order. It was recorded by Doug Oberkircher at his Little Bear Studios which was right next to BearTracks Studios. Great Days!





Comments

Popular Posts