2/21/09



 Just done doing a drum session with Dave. Phew! The session went really well as Dave banged out 10 songs in 3 days. The songs are (working titles) Euthanasia, Hearts are breaking, Another quiet moment, Too late to lie, A worried night, The way we are, Tape and Glue, I fell in love with Regina Spektor, My biggest fan, and Beautiful. He did a great job and can do pretty much what I ask of him on drums. He also brings a lot of positive energy to the project. Eric has been a big help on this project as well, lending me mics and snakes etc., as well as advice in those moments of confusion.
Mics used were: EV on snare top, Shure SM7 on the kick beater head, Soundeluxe about 3 feet in font of the kick, Sennheiser 421 on left floor tom, Shure SM57 on left rack, 421 on right rack, D112 on right floor tom, and a couple of Rode condenser mics as overheads. I used my Neumann TLM 103's as room mics. Too bad "my room" sounds like pooh pooh. We'll see how it works out!

Comments

Popular Posts