2/26/09

Coming out of the fog of winter, seeing greener pastures ahead. I've been working on a few mixes, mostly "Euthanasia" which is sounding nice and warm to me right now. I go through this every time, up and down, in and out. I just have to get the songs sounding good and move on. I love doing this though, adjusting EQ and level like an anal retentive idiot. All of the madness is in my head! Time and digital recording has changed the whole ball game for me. The method used to be that my band and I would decide on the songs and/or write them and get arrangements together, rehearse and then spend a few weeks just putting ideas down on tape. We would sort everything out later when we would mix for an intense week or so. Now I spend a lot of confusing days mixing, tracking or both. All the while I'm working, surfing the web, going to the bank, picking up the kids etc. It's no wonder these projects take years!

Comments

Popular Posts