Horns, McCartney, Guitars!

So, I had the session with Erik and Steve and it went well. Erik did a great job on the charts and the horns add a lot of depth and give me a bunch more choices with the music. To sit and listen to these guys get the tone and feeling they do from their instruments was a treat for me. They did 5 songs as a section and Erik soloed on a 6th. I just have to sort through all of this stuff now.... lucky me!! (note the kiddie toys around them!)



Here is a first practice run for "I fell in Love with Regina Spektor." This take was not a keeper but it is the only vid I have.... Steve was seeing the chart for the first time and needless to say they nailed it on the very next take. I used Neumann TLM 103's on both horns through my Focusrite pre amps.



If you want to see these guys in action at the Ryman Auditorium with the likes of Sheryl Crow and John Hiatt click here. Erik gets a nice solo on this!


I went to see Paul McCartney at Citi Field last week and what a show! Great seats, great music. The man is responsible for a lot of my musical study and it was bizarre to see him so close up in person. AND he can still sing, play and put on a great show. I think I got a little misty during a few songs. The woman in front of me was BAWLING at times! Oh, and I ran into Pat DiNizio from the Smithereens no less. He was very gracious and we actually chatted for about 5 minutes. I was a big fan of theirs back in the day and saw them not too long ago and they still kill live. Good stuff! I'm having a great musical week...........



Lastly, I'll be baby sitting these 2 beauties for a while:
They belong to my friend Drew Stiles who is over in Europe trying to get his career happening over there. The guitar is pretty old G&L F100 and the bass is a 76 Fender Precision. Drew used that bass during his days with Yummy (drummer Dave Ramie was a member.) We spoke of a possible recording session this winter when he is back from Europe, we'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts